Aizawl (zoramobserver.com): Top leaders of the Hmar People’s Convention today joined the Bharatiya Janata Party in Mizoram. The group was led by outgoing Sinlung Hills Development Council (SHDC) chairman Hmingchunghnung who took 14 others with him to join the saffron party.
Hmar People’s Convention leaders during the induction ceremony in Aizawl on June 8, 2018.
The induction ceremony of the Hmar leaders was held at BJP Mizoram Pradesh office in Aizawl and it was presided by state BJP President Prof. JV Hluna.
Hmingchunghnung who founded the Hmar People’s Convention (a rebel outfit-turned-political party) said that he joined the BJP with the hope that he will be “able to serve my community more effectively”.
“I hope we can get to our goal through the BJP. We are also hopeful of getting an Autonomous District Council,” Hmingchunghnung was quoted as saying by Virthli.in.
Hmar leaders who joined the BJP:-
1. Pu Hmingchunghnung, Ex-SHDC chairman (Aizawl)
2. Pu SK Lala, Ex-council member and ex-chairman HPC, All block joint committee, (Rengtekawn).
3. Pu Lalrothang Zate, Ex-council member and ex-President HPC Tuirial block (Saiphai).
4. Pu H. Lalrohlu, Ex-council member and Executive member of HPC Returnee Welfare (Vairengte).
5. Pu Thanngila, Ex-council member and Executive member of HPC Returnee Welfare (Sakawrdai)
6. Lalramhlun, Ex-council member and Executive member of HPC Returnee Welfare (Ratu).
7. Pu Lalnunsang, Ex-council member and Asst. Secy HPC Serlui block (Saipum).
8. Pu Lalneihliana, Ex- council member and President, HPC Tuirial block (Vanbawng)
9. Pu Kennedy, Ex-council member and Executive member, HPC Tuival block (Phuaibuang)
10. Pu Lalruotlien, Treasurer HPC Serlui block & President, HPC Saipum unit. (Saipum)
11. Pu Lalbieksang Hmar, Ex- Gen. Secy. Mizoram Hmar Welfare Committee & Hmar Inpui Mizoram Region (Aizawl).
12 Pu HT Vunga, Ex- VCP Vaitin & Executive member, Tuivai block (Vaitin).
13. Pu Lalhmingthang, President HPC Saipum unit (Saipum).
14. Pu. H. Pahlira, Treasurer MNF unit-IV (Sesawng).
15. Pu Chala Hmar (Aizawl).